Here is a little collection of beauty tips that are very useful to know. Take care of yourself!
- Brighten grey elbows by rubbing them with half a fresh lemon - it has a natural bleaching effect. Moisturise the skin afterward to counteract the drying effects of the juice.
- Rubbing a lemon onto your hair, then going out into the sun will add natural highlights. Swimming in the sea will have a similar effect.
- Strawberries have natural teeth whitening properties. If you eat strawberries regularly you may notice an improvement in your teeth.
- For soft hands, before you go to bed, lavish on the Vaseline and then pop on a pair of cotton gloves. Your hands will be incredibly soft by morning.
- If you pluck your eyebrows, be sure not to make them too thin. Choose a thickness that flatters your face.
- Rub half a lemon on acne scars to make them appear lighter and much less obvious.
- Olive oil can be used as an eye make up remover. A small amount on a cotton ball will remove eye make up effectively, and if the olive smell bugs you, a small drop of essential oil can be used.
- Cucumber can soothe and refresh your skin.
Make up advice
- The first and most important thing to remember is not to overdo your make up. Keep it simple yet attractive.
- Mineral make up is a lot better for your skin. It's a lot less greasy.
- To ensure that your foundation isn't too thick and has just the right consistency, always check it in a mirror in a very well lit room.
- When using foundation be absolutely sure that the colour you are using matches your skin tone. If the colour is too dark it will make your face appear orange and too light will make your skin look far too pale.
- If you have acne prone skin, always remember before applying foundation to apply a spot cream to protect the spots from too much irritation. It is highly recommended not to use foundation at all.
- Make sure to pick a blusher that isn't too deep coloured. Choose a subtle, delicate colour that doesn't look too unnatural.
- For best results with pressed powder eyeshadow, use a brush or sponge tipped applicator. this avoids transferring oils from your fingertips which can cause make up to crease. This also makes application more precise.
- To make eyeshadow colour more vivid, dampen it a little.
- It is best to apply cream eye shadows with your fingertips lightly so they don't crease or smear.
- Loose powder shadows have a tendency to scatter onto cheeks a you apply them. Hold a tissue beneath your eye to catch any falling specks.
- When applying eyeshadow, avoid the use of your finger. Use brushes to add the right texture and colour.
- Apply your eyeliner to the bottom and top of your eyes, giving a more rounded effect.
- Choose an eyeshadow colour which brings out the colour of your eyes, and doesn't make it appear dull. A neutral colour will always be a winner.
- Before applying lipstick or gloss, always remember your lip liner. Lip liner boots the appearance of fullness in your lips.
- Using a little clear mascara on your eyebrows is great for keeping them in shape.
- Use a non clumpy mascara to ensure your lashes look natural and delicate.
- If you have very pale skin, avoid the use of red eyeshadow.
- Less is more with eyeliner. Never use too much as it will make your eyes appear smaller.
- If you have dry skin, before applying any make up use a cleanser and moisturiser to soften the skin, providing a smooth, even base.
- Using a little eye shimmer over eyeshadow adds a lovely effect to any colour.
Take care of your teeth
- Remember to brush your teeth twice a day. Once in the morning, and once in the evening.
- Baking soda has excellent cleaning and whitening properties. Add a little on to your brush.
- Brushing your teeth too hard will cause damage to your gums. Brush your teeth gently. If your gums bleed it means you are brushing too hard.
- Remember to brush the backs of your teeth as well as the front.
- Brush thoroughly for at least 5 minutes to ensure all the dirt has gone.
- Floss to remove any plaque or food stuck in between your teeth.
- Avoid using your teeth to open bottles etc. This can cause damage.
- If your teeth are very stained, brush with a whitening toothpaste followed by baking soda.
- Avoid the use of lipstick, as it doesn't soothe your lips and will emphasise the cracks.
- Find a hydrating lip balm and use it regularly.
- Avoid getting salt near your lips.
- Once you wash your face, make sure your lips are fully dry, then apply lip balm.
- Use a scrub daily, but be very gentle.
- Use a moisturiser containing vitamin E.
- Avoid the use of products that will dry out your skin thurther.
- If the dryness is caused by a skin product, discontinue use.
- Find a moisturiser and body/facial wash containing vitamin E.
- A body oil will help soothe the skin.
- Use a body/facial wash that is made for sensitive skin.
- If the dry skin is on the bottom of your feet, use a foot scraper to scrub it off and reveal young new skin. Apply a moisturiser after.